Monday, February 2, 2009

MAD MEN WOMEN part 1

I know Jorge and I are kinda late to hop on board the MAD MEN bandwagon, but we got on anyways. The show is so well designed and their use of color is enviable! It's everywhere, from their props to what their wearing to how the actors are framed in shots.
So as a tribute to the show, I've decided to post up my version of PEGGY OLSON from the show. She started as meek as a mouse but the girl is growing more and more in each episode. She's probably the most interesting character...other than Salvatore of course!
Enjoy :)

11 comments:

Daisy Church said...

awesome! damon and I LOVE madmen too... such a great series! :D love this piece!

Fulanita said...

Thanks Daisy! Don't you wish you owned every piece of furniture and clothing on that show???

Daisy Church said...

seriously!! I lust over every single piece of clothing Joan wears. Have you seen dyna moe's madmen stuff over on flickr?

http://tinyurl.com/5uq8kl

Jorge R. Gutierrez said...

Wow, you totally captured her ugly beauty. I love it!

Is the red haired vixen next?

Fulanita said...

Daisy,
Thanks for the link! I may now continue to drool!

Jorge,
Don't insult Peggy or you'll be hearing from me.

Myra said...

Wow, you really captured her essence! I love it! are you gonna do Don Draper next?

Chris Battle said...

Oh, those bangs! I agree with Jorge's choice for the next in the series :)

Mukpuddy said...

This is awesome! Love that family portrait you did in the last post too!

Owen Flanagan said...

Beautiful design Sandra, her expression and pose are spot on, the colours are fantastic.

Fulanita said...

Thanks guys! Too nice!

Kristen McCabe said...

I've never watched the show before but after seeing your versions of the characters I want to rent the dvds.